Care :: Hygienist Appointments :: Payment :: Failure
to Attend Appointments :: Private
Disability :: Emergency Treatment :: Products
NHS treatment is widely available within the practice. All new patients are entitled to care on the National Health Service.
NHS checkups are free.
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatments if any one of the following applies.
- Under 18 years of age
- 18 years old and in full time education
- Expecting a baby
- Have had a bay in the last 12 months
You or your partner receives:
- Income related employment support allowance
- Income support
- Income-based job seekers allowance
- Working family tax credit
- Pension credit guarantee
- You hold a current HC2 charges certificate
All other NHS treatment is subsidised by and the price of this treatment is fixed by the government.
The maximum charge for one treatment plan is £384 (e.g. if your treatment plan for 3 fillings, 4 crowns and a scale and polish came to £520 you would only be required to pay £384).
If your NHS fillings, crowns and root treatments need to be replaced within 12 months of being done there is no charge to the patient.
New NHS patients are welcome.
Please call the surgery to arrange an appointment.
We are delighted that Charlotte, our fabulous hygiene therapist is available for appointments on Mondays and Tuesdays every week. She will provide a full hygiene service with consultation, treatment and advice. The first consultation appointment is £55 and follow up maintenance appointments are £40 (extensive follow up appointments are charged at £55). If you would like to make an appointment, please call reception (01389 732522).
We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards, cash or cheques payable to "Levengrove Dental Care". Card payments may also be made over the phone.
We would be very grateful if payment for treatment is made at each appointment as it is carried out. This prevents you from having to pay a large fee at the end of treatment and improves cash flow for the practice.
Failure to Attend Appointments or Cancellation at Short Notice
40-60 hours of surgery time are wasted every month due to failure to attend appointments or cancellation at short notice. We have introduced charges for missed appointments or short notice cancellations:
- in an attempt to prevent this from happening
- to recover a part of the cost of the wasted time
- to encourage patients to cancel with at least 24hours notice allowing the surgery to become available to patients in urgent need of care
Many people welcome the provision of NHS dental care locally. We make every effort to operate efficiently under the NHS regulations for the benefit of the local population and we must be careful throughout all our business operations to prevent the waste of time and money. The charge does not recover all the costs of the missed appointment.
Any future appointments in the book will be cancelled and not reinstated until the charge is paid.
Many treatments to achieve a great smile are not available on the NHS. Your dentist will discuss all the available options for you and the final decision is yours.
- Tooth Whitening
- Composite Bonding
- Facial Aesthetics
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- White fillings on back teeth
- Snoring Appliances
- Implants by referral
Costs of Private Treatment:
- White fillings on back teeth: £30 - £75 depending upon size and complexity
- Tooth whitening: £205 - £305
- Crowns: £280- £310
- Bridges: £317 - £1057 for 2 to 5 units and depends upon design and materials used
- complete upper and lower: £647
- partial metal alloy framed: £390 - £463
- partial plastic: £273 - £352
- Veneers: £253 (prices reduces if more are made e.g. 6 veneers cost £1053)
- Sports mouthguards: £35 - £51 (depending upon correct strength for sport and colour/design)
- Snoring Appliances: £185
Access – the practice is situated on the ground floor and we have a portable wheelchair ramp for the entry
steps if required. Please let us know if you need us to put this out for your arrival.
Dental emergencies are:
- Severe pain
Registered patients – call the practice first thing in the morning and we have reserved times for emergency treatment. You will be offered an appointment for within 24 hours (usually the same day). If you call later in the day it is less likely that we will be able to see you on the same day.
Unregistered patients– call the practice and you have 3 choices:
- We shall give you one of our same day emergency appointments but there is a £40 charge for this for any unregistered patient. This charge will cover your emergency consultation. Any treatment carried out to relieve the immediate problem will be charged at NHS prices.
- You may alternatively call NHS 24 on 111.
We carry a stock of many dental products at very competitive prices.
- Childsmile packs
- Toothbrushing timers
- Childrens character brushes
- Interdental brushes
- Dental floss